Philips is a multinational company with activities in healthcare, lighting and consumer life style.Philips is a public company listed at the New York and Amsterdam stock exchange. Philips is active in more than 100 countries around the globe. It‘s head quarters are in the Netherlands.
ABOUT PHILIPS AFRICA:
Philips Africa comprises all 54countries of Africa, from the Cape to Cairo, and from the Atlantic to the Indian Ocean. Philips Africa is headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa and it has presence in seven other African countries, in the cities of Accra,Algiers, Casablanca, Cairo, Lagos, Nairobi and Tunis. Philips Africa is definitely one of the growth drivers for Philips.
COUNTRY MANAGER – LIGHTING
AIM OF THE JOB:
He / she is driving customer satisfaction by proper understanding of market evolution and providing the wining sales propositions, based on local needs, followed by optimized product portfolio. The jobholder furthermore develops and manages effective relations with various channel partners,end-users and internal / external stakeholders.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops, regularly updates and deploys the winning commercial strategy for the market under his/her responsibility, synchronizing all key organizational deliverables
- Responsible for creating and realizing the yearly / quarterly sales plan, including forecast and AOP, in line with agreed market plans, as well as dedicated strategic initiatives.
- Acts as the “voice of the market” towards business groups (spotting market trends and evolutions, engaged in the constant process of business development.
- Responsible for the Talent and Capability Development in line with the agreed strategy.
- Monitors the overall organizational performance (sales, profitability and operational excellence) against budgeted KPIs and takes corrective actions.
- Develops and maintains effective networks to leverage Philips’ position, especially towards Key Opinion Leaders (e.g. President, Governors).Ensures appropriate level of cooperation across all functions,businesses and geographies of the organization in order to maximize customersatisfaction and operational performance.
- Provides strong people leadership.
- Ensures full adherence and integrity of business operation according internal / external requirements and (ethical) standards (e.g. PBS).
- Is co-accountable with the Regional Leader for the delivery of the collaborative P&L, whereby business teams and market teams focus each on their respective part of the P&L.
KNOWLEDGE & CRITICAL EXPERIENCES:
The Country Manager will have 5-8 years of relevant and successful experience in the following:In managing the commercial function in a large, complex organization. This experience will include both customer and business-to-business models,preferably in a technology environment.Proven track record as (senior) leader in a large global matrixorganization with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
In change management, as it relates to the culture and mind set of a complex organization.
- Competencies in managing a commercial function.
- Competencies in change management.
- Skills in bringing people together and aligning them around common goals; leverages the power of Philips independent from organizational structures and reports.
- Skills in collaborating with and influencing the stakeholder.
- Shows a deep understanding of the global business environment and end-user insight
- Skills in creating innovative strategies.
- Results oriented: take personal accountability to deliver results.
- Customer centric: driven by a strong external focus.
- Skills in leveraging capabilities: works across internal and external boundaries to maximize value for Philips through simple solutions.
- Skills in championing people’s growth: commits personally to the performance and development of people, while considering long term needs of Philips.
The success of the Country Manger will be measured using the following key indicators:
- Turnover and IGM (profitability)
- P&L and AoP targets.
- Number and quality ofnew growth opportunities.
- Employee engagementand NPS scores.
- Cost targets.
Sharpen your talents with new challenges in our dynamic organization. As a market-driven company, we’re used to listening to our customers & apply the same thinking to our employees. We offer a competitive salary, outstanding benefits and flexibility in a career with a positive and supportive atmosphere in which to develop your talents further.
Disclaimer: Note that we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our daily posts, we encourage our readers to also confirm before application, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter for job aid or educational consultant for admission aid.