Vacancy at Bayero University Kano
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the post of the Vice-Chancellor of Bayero University, Kano, will be vacant with effect from 18th August, 2015. Pursuant to the provisions of the Universities Miscellaneous Provisions Decree No. 11 of 1993 as amended by the Universities Miscellaneous Provisions-Amendment Decree No. 25 of 1996, and the Universities Miscellaneous Provisions-Amendment Act 2003, the Governing Council of the University wishes to start the process of filling the vacancy.
Job Title: Vice-Chancellor
Administration, Secretarial, Education, Teaching
The candidate for the post of the Vice-Chancellor is required to possess a good University education and should be a proven manager of human and material resources.
- be a highly distinguished academic with a Ph.D;
- be on the rank of Professor for at least 5 years;
- be a successful scholar who is well rooted in the finest academic tradition;
- have had a wide academic and administrative experience at a reputable university, and be capable of giving dynamic academic and administrative leadership;
- be able to engender both national and international respect, particularly in the academic world;
- possess the ability to create the much needed harmony between staff and students on the one hand and between members of the University Community and the wider community on the other;
- be a person with a clear vision and capacity to pursue the continuous development of the University even under resource constraints;
- be someone who appreciates, and acts on, merit and, who will not succumb to undue pressure;
- be of sound mental and physical health;
- be morally sound and of unassailable integrity;
- be prepared to demonstrate commitment to the University’s vision, mission and core values, as well as the pursuit of its strategic objectives;
- be a person who is not older than 65 years at the point of assumption of duty as Vice-Chancellor; and
- possess appreciable computing skills as well as the ability to embrace information and communications technology. All applications shall be submitted under confidential cover and addressed to:
The Registrar & Secretary to Council
New Campus, Gwatzo Road, Kano
Disclaimer: Note that we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our daily posts, we encourage our readers to also confirm before application, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter for job aid or educational consultant for admission aid.