Project Engineer Job Vacancy At Forte Oil Plc
Job Title: Project Engineer
Location: Apapa, Lagos State
Reports To: Head, Engineering & Infrastructural Projects
Job Band: TBA
- Effectively and efficiently manage all infrastructural projects in other to support the Retail marketing, Lubes Production, Aviation and Terminal Operations of Forte oil Plc through real-time communication, involvement in staff training as well as optimization of plants and equipment.
- Coordinate and participate at initiating, planning, executing, monitoring & controlling and closing of all infrastructural projects within the constraints of quality, cost and time.
- Develop accurate Bill of Quantity, and be up-to-date on materials costs and qualities to ensure resources are not wasted.
- Monitor progress against agreed milestones and delivery schedules, note and report potential bottle necks and project constraints to the Head, Engineering & Infrastructural Projects.
- Prepare progress, project completion and commissioning reports for the attention of the Head, Engineering & Infrastructural Projects.
- Work with HSSEQ department to drive the preparation of EIA and other statutory requirements for Company projects to be embarked on nationwide.
- Secure the approval of robust Project Charter for all projects prior to initiating them.
- Provide technical inputs in the evaluation of specifications and designs stated in proposals, quotations and other submissions from contractors and other service providers, and make recommendations as appropriate to the Head, Engineering & Infrastructural Projects.
- Work closely with contractors and ensure compliance with agreed technical specifications and promptly report any deviations/non-compliance to the Head, Engineering & Infrastructural Projects.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- The position requires an intelligent graduate of Civil, Mechanical, and Electrical Engineering with at least five (5) to seven (7) years relevant experience in the downstream oil and gas sector.
- Relevant post graduate/professional qualification will be an added advantage, e.g PMP,NSE and COREN.
The following skills are essential:
- Sound knowledge of downstream oil and gas industry, and its operations.
- Ability to prepare and interpret engineering specifications and drawings.
- Good networking and teaming skills.
- Good data gathering and analysis skills.
- Good proficiency in the use of office productivity tools.
- Knowledge of engineering principles and their application.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Internal: Head, Engineering & Infrastructural Projects
- External: Service providers
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates whose skills and capabilities match the job profile should send their CV with subject: “Project Engineer – FO/EIP/PE/0617” to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Note that we make every effort to verify the authenticity of our daily posts, we encourage our readers to also confirm before application, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies. Our advice for you is never to pay any amount of money to any recruiter for job aid or educational consultant for admission aid.